Re: [ga] .ZA administrator says may be forced to shut the ccTLD down

> http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20020607/wr_nm/tech_internet_safrica_dc_1
>
> The government is seeking to nationalize the .ZA registry, over the
> objections of the administrator, who is saying that he may be forced
> to shut the ccTLD down if the law is passed.
>
> Someone tell me who the idiots were who made the governments believe
> they had any rights at all to manage the ccTLD namespaces themselves.

USG.

> This action by the South African government is even more stupid than
> the actions of the Australian government who did the same thing in the
> last year.

USG delegated the organization to manage .US with understanding
that they have rights to oversee it.

Australian government did the same thing with .AU.

Here comes S. Africa with .ZA.

And more governments are ready to take "stupid action" according to
your language referring to USG.

It is very difficult for the other governments to understand only USG
is the one who can manage the DNS with authority.

Thank you,
YJ