Re: [ga] Companion Dispute Proposal to WLS Service

Yebbut, the notion of WLS-squatting and a WLSDRP is humorous because it
mirrors the companion idiocy that already exists.  Did y'all miss that?

Domain name registration has been transformed from a facilitating protocol
into an archetypal fight between good vs. evil.  Trademarks good,
cybersquatters evil.  Non-trademark owners are potential evil-doers until
they prove otherwise, if challenged.

The simplicity of RFC 1591 FCFS has been replaced by multi-level marketing
writ large.   One may now pay for a pre-emptive opportunity to register a
name, bid or pay for the opportunity to be in a queue to have a random
chance at registering a name, pay to defend a challenge to a sunrise
registration, pay to defend the actual domain registration which is forever
vulnerable to a UDRP challenge, and now pay to be placed first on a list to
get a name if it ever expires.

So many ways these days to fold a domain name registration and stick it
where the sun don't shine.

-Ellen