RE: [ga] Still more fraud being reported...

At 05:20 AM 01/06/02 +0200, Marc Schneiders wrote:

>Or did Afilias pay WIPO per case like other challengers?

I suspect Afilias got a bulk discount. Some Afilias news
statements at the time hinted as much. Even if they didn't,
as I pointed out on ICANNWatch (wow, over 9 months ago):
http://www.icannwatch.org/article.php?sid=296

  By my figuring, using Afilias numbers, this would amount to
  a $75 non-refundable fee, less the $25 which is returned to
  the registry, for a net cost of $50 per successful challenge.

Note that I also appear to have been correct with my concerns
back then that they wouldn't get their challenges done in time
for landrush. They don't call me the 'net prophet' for nothing.
I have to pay them. :) -g