RE: [ga] Still more fraud being reported...

On Fri, 31 May 2002, at 21:46 [=GMT-0400], Michael D. Palage wrote:

> Afilias has expended a significant amount of resources attempting to
> identify inappropriate registrations,

17,000 cancelled registrations for 5 years (mandatory for sunrise names)
also made Afilais at least $ 500,000.00, if the fee was $6 a year. I
cannot find the exact price, but I seem to remember that it was higher.
And now they can sell the names again. I don't think they deserve any
praise for the way they handled it, first acknowledging there was no
checking, which invited all sorts of fake trademark claims, "because the
others do it too", and then changing the rules after public outcry. Or did
Afilias pay WIPO per case like other challengers?