Re: How to get rid of volunteers (Re: [ga] How to disenfranchise 489 members of the DNSO)

At 11:57 PM 30/05/02 -0500, Kristy McKee wrote:

>I am disappointed the GAC is not concerned about
>protecting the rights of netizens as a whole and
>that they support the intentional elimination of
>communication channels to those folks whom are
>permitted "control" over OUR RESOURCES.

Well put.

>Life goes on, the world turns round, none of this
>will matter in a hundred years.

Au contraire. Assuming we haven't killed ourselves
off as a species, or some other such catastrophy,
the internet of a hundred years hence may well be
as important to that time as fire was to our
ancestors. Governments and those who put them
there know that and that is why they want control.

A change of a few degrees now could make for a
very different world for those who follow. I'm
damned if I want to leave it to the turkeys who
have screwed things up so badly that we are left
plausibly wondering if our species will be here
in a hundred years. -g