From: eric@hi-tek.com [mailto:eric@hi-tek.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2002 11:50 PM
To: Marc Schneiders
Cc: Cade,Marilyn S - LGA; ga@DNSO.org
Subject: Re: [ga] The Real World "email is the killer"

Most of the world translates IT into Information Technology.  To my knowledge 95% of all
ecommerce is conducted in one portion or another through email.  I believe that if we include
chat rooms and message boards and similar mechanism we find about 70% of Internet use now is in
an email form; interpersonal communications.  Interactive.

So what does the DNSO of the ICANN have to do with that?  Email goes to an address, which like a
street address is made up of names and numbers, as far as most users know.

Why would such a large portion of the use be ignored by ICANN? Or just as importantly by a
company whose stock is falling like a dead bird out of a tree.

Eric