Re: [ga] deletion policy - what should it look like?

Hello All:

Yes  the definitions need to be clear and in place:

Registrar Accredition Agreement currently states in regards to Deletion
of SLD

J.
5. Registrar shall register SLDs to SLD holders only for fixed periods.
At the conclusion of the registration period, failure by or on behalf of
the SLD holder to pay a renewal fee within the time specified in a
second notice or reminder shall, in the absence of extenuating
circumstances, result in cancellation of the registration. In the event
that ICANN adopts a policy concerning procedures for handling expiration
of registrations, Registrar shall abide by that policy.

This can simply be amended to spedify time periods and actions.

. Registrar shall register SLDs to SLD holders only for fixed periods.
At the conclusion of the registration period ((___ defined by the
___time period prepaid by the SLD holder??___ and published in whois
record by the Registrar____))), failure by or on behalf of the SLD
holder to pay a renewal fee within the time specified in a second notice
or reminder shall ____ ((( but not exceeding 35 or 45 or 65 days past
the conclusion of the registration period___ ))), in the absence of
extenuating circumstances, result in cancellation of the registration
___((( no later than 45 or 65 or 85 days past the conclusion of
previously prepaid registration period and issuing Delete command to
Registry___))).

Cheers
Genie Livingstone

http://log.does-not-exist.org/