Re: Membership criteria - was [ga] NC BS

Friday, May 17, 2002, 2:11:52 PM, Gary Osbourne wrote:

> The existing rules also do not state that only
> *informed* persons should be made aware of the
> opportunity to become GA members. In fact the
> rules are completely silent on what constitutes
> an *uninformed* person. The rules also don't give
> watchdogs, or anyone else, the responsibility, or
> the right, to make such a determination.

And to a point I agree with the precept that some "qualification" of
members should exist in some fashion.

Perhaps that could take the form of being a member of the GA discuss
list for 3 months or so, assuming that the exposure (and optional
participation) in the process would be sufficient to give them enough
understanding to be able to make informed conclusions.

It would also severely limit the ability of professional lobbyists
such as Mr Love to try to issue shop the GA.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>