Re: [ga] Motion asking for GA poll on rebid of ICANN contract

What I hope is facetiously designated as "dialogue mode" below is the
only thing that
ga@dnso has ever done, and where has that gotten it? A systematic procedure
that first ascertains real interest (which Joanna Lane opines has
already been shown,
and she's likely right), and then seeks specific proposals to be
discussed and when
finally expressed as a motion is ultimately debated, should be followed.
 But it is a
mistake, in my opinion, to name what one starts out with as a "Motion,"
for which
there has in fact been no opportunity for discussion. I would concur
with Tom if the
James Love proposal were treated as just that; so doing would not yet
implicate the
formality of the DSNO Secretariat, but a Vote on a Motion would, with
all of the
attendant formality and restrictions.

Bill Lovell