Re: [ga] Reseller hiding WHOIS info

Monday, April 29, 2002, 8:19:43 AM, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

> As to your other point, if ENOM is the registrar in this case, perhaps ICANN
> should be investigating why this registrar is seemingly not in compliance
> with 3.3.1.7 of the RAA...  And perhaps we should also be considering
> establishing sanctions for those registrars that violate the RAA (to the same
> degree that we have a sanctions program for the registries).

How quick you are to try and sanction a registrar, Danny.

You haven't even tried to inform the registrar of the issue, by your
own admission.

The fact is that no registrar can validate whois information.

And they can only deal with cases as they are informed about them, and
that would probably be prioritized by how serous the infraction is and
the number of complaints received.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>