Re: [ga] Re: http://www.dnso.org/icannatlarge/2002.ICANNATLARGE-Panel-vote.html

At 09:19 22/04/02 -0400, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:
>Now that the DNSO Secretariat has provided a website address to monitor the
>activities at icannatlarge.com, perhaps the DNSO could also provide a forum
>for the candidates that are standing for election -- so far all that I have
>noted are candidate statements with absolutely no debate whatsoever... the
>classic "beauty contest".

I have to agree in part with Danny.
In the haste to satisfy those who pushed so hard for early elections, there
is no time alotted for debate.
There is not even enough time for all the candidates to post their
introductions.

There is a place for debate right in the forum, under the elections header,
that is not the problem.  The time factor is.

The only thing that can be said in defence for the procedure followed is
that there  now going to be at least *an* elected bootstrap Panel and that
the three months given to this panel will not only show the nice words of
the candidates, but also the deeds of the interim panel members.

The next election of 27July for a longer term Panel, should give the
community all the opportunity to elect candidates on an informed basis.

>An election process devoid of all debate does not portend well for the future
>
>of this icannatlarge.com organization...

We can divine the Future with FUD, or we can build it with action. You are
still welcome to join.

--Joop