[ga] Re: http://www.dnso.org/icannatlarge/2002.ICANNATLARGE-Panel-vote.html

Now that the DNSO Secretariat has provided a website address to monitor the
activities at icannatlarge.com, perhaps the DNSO could also provide a forum
for the candidates that are standing for election -- so far all that I have
noted are candidate statements with absolutely no debate whatsoever... the
classic "beauty contest".

Whomever is the most "popular" candidate, by dint of prior activities within
the ICANN Supporting Organizations will surely get the nod, even though the
the very first principle enumerated by the former Membership Advisory
Committeee (MAC) stated:  At-large membership should primarily represent
those individuals and organizations that are *not* represented by the
Supporting Organizations.

Will the At-Large ever become the home for those that are not represented
within the SOs, or will it become nothing more than a new playground for
those that already participate via the SO structures?   Are we doing nothing
more than shuffling the deckchairs?

An election process devoid of all debate does not portend well for the future
of this icannatlarge.com organization...