Re: [ga] Pulling the plug on the Council

On 2002-04-12 11:55:42 +0200, Alexander Svensson wrote:

>>I would guess that any work product which does not identify and
>>address the problems with the DNSO's current process would be
>>considered a failure.  Any work product which just says
>>"everything's almost fine" would most likely be a failure.

>Although I agree, I concede that the DNSO has had the most
>difficult job of all the SOs.

Agreed.  However, if the DNSO can't do its difficult job with its
current structure, this means that the structure should be replaced.

>I believe that part of the problem lies in the constituency
>structure. It's not only about including all relevant groups
>(Philip mentioned individual name holders), it's about the
>constituency representatives not being able to work together.
>Stuart Lynn calls it "the DNSO's complex and noisy crowd of
>working groups, constituencies, and the Names Council."

>Not all concerned parties in the Task Forces are represented, but
>even worse -- not all represented parties seem to be interested in
>the work.

You can safely phrase this in still sharper form: Some represented
parties may be interested in not getting the work done.

>(Additionally, the DNSO must get rid of incentives to block work
>getting done.)

How?  Quite frankly, I don't see any incentive at all for at least
one of the large players to get anything done in the DNSO.

>http://www.popularwoodworking.com/store/displayplan.asp?id=1139
>http://titanic.gov.ns.ca/chair.html

Thank you.  Maybe we should start an initiative to get a bunch of
these delivered to the Bucharest site, for use by board and names
council members.

--
Thomas Roessler                          http://log.does-not-exist.org/