[ga] NC teleconf agenda 4 April 2002

[To: ga@dnso.org: announce@dnso.org]
[To: liaison7c@dnso.org]

Names Council Agenda 4 April 2002 (120 mins)

  1. Date, time, .

     The Names Council teleconference will be held on 4 April 2002 at the
     following time 13:00 UTC

     (5:00 LA, 8:00 New York, 15:00 Paris, 22:00 Japan/Korea, 23:00
Melbourne
    For other places see http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

     The full participants are the 21 NC members as listed in
     http://www.dnso.org/constituency/ncmembers.html, DNSO Secretariat and
     ICANN Officers
    Philip Sheppard will be chairing the NC teleconference.

     Scheduled time for meeting - 120 mins.

   1 Agenda and related documents

     This is the second teleconference after Accra dedicated to ICANN Reform

     Proposed NC Agenda April 4
    The following order of topics is proposed for the next Names Council
calls:

     1.Funding
     - Short term
     - Long term

     2.Advisory Bodies

     3.Management of advisory bodies

     4.Stakeholder participation

     5.Board composition

     6.Transparency

     I propose a first pass where we seek areas of common agreement and then
     we revisit to discuss areas where constituencies have differing views.
     Our timeline is short. The Evolution committee has said it wants input
     by April 29 to be useful. This differs from the timeline indicated by
     Stuart Lynn in Ghana (May 15.) upon which the current schedule of NC
     calls was based. For now I do not propose any additional calls but we
     can re-evaluate that as we proceed.

     Minutes from previous teleconference on ICANN reform
     http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20020322.NCteleconf-minutes.html

     Terms of reference for DNSO response to the case for reform.

http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2002.NC-tor-DNSO-response-ICANN-reform.v3.htm

     ICANN Staff Draft: Toward a Statement of the ICANN Mission
     http://www.icann.org/general/toward-mission-statement-07mar02.htm

Note:

The next teleconference will be as scheduled 18 April at 15.00 Paris time.