[ga] Re: Abusing consensus in the Transfers TF

Danny,

While your rhetoric and misplaced theories may excite some, my actual
statements are far less impressive.

"The work of this task force thsus far has focused on points number 1
through
5 in the Final Terms of Reference document...

At this point I would like to propose that we turn our attention to point #6
"...develop recommendations to the Names Council for guidance to the ICANN
Board of Directors concerning any amendment of existing contractual
agreements, where such changes are needed to correct any identified clauses
which require policy guidance or clarification , should the Names Council
determine that consensus support for said recommendations exists, as
specified in section 2.d of the ICANN bylaws." pending the receipt of the
feedback required by point #4.

I firmly believe that there will be no surprises from the registrants that
would derail any efforts put towards achieving the goals of point #6. At
worst, I expect that we may have to undertake minor modifcations pending
receipt of this feedback, but that this will largely be mitigated by the
current user groups that are participating in this task force. The needs of
the various user stakeholders are largely complementary as it relates to
transfers. Of course, the Registrar Constituency cannot pretend to speak on
behalf of this community, we do have excellent exposure to their interests,
needs and challenges through our economic dealings with them. In the year
that I have been working this issue, I have not seen any dissonance with the
goals of Registrars vis-a-vis Registrants."[1]

Further, while you state elsewhere that "we don't get it", the registrar
constituency *has* achieved constituency on the best practices document that
I have tabled. The very fact that this document was accepted by all but two
registrar members (one abstaining, one against - the one that abstained
helped me draft this document) is perfect evidence of this consensus. If
this isn't a reasonable demonstration of consensus then perhaps I don't get
it.

To the rest, I can only offer that perhaps you gain a better understanding
of the differences between work planning, tabled propositions and final
recommendations. Each of which are very specifically and appropriately dealt
with in my proposal to the TF.

-rwr

[1] For those of you that wish to inform yourselves, the complete post can
be found at http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-transfer/Arc00/msg00152.html