[ga] Abusing consensus in the Transfers TF

According to the archives of the Business Constituency, Ross Rader made a
presentation to the BC on the issue of Transfers in Marina del Rey and "The
BC expressed support for the proposed solution to this problem and directed
its representative to the Names Council transfers TF (Marilyn Cade) to
advocate this view."
http://www.bizconst.org/archive/BCLA11-01.doc

That Marilyn pretends to be a neutral Chair on this TF while being directed
to advocate a particular solution comes as no surprise to anyone, nor were we
surprised when Ross was the first to nominate Marilyn as Chair for the
Transfers TF.  But now Ross, who tells us in the Heathrow Declaration that
"Consensus-based decision-making may not always be appropriate where
commercial interests conflict," declares that "Unless there is an alternate
proposal that provides the depth, roots in consensus and clarity that the
Registrar position has, it is our preference that we move to closure and
recommendation back to the NC before April 30th, 2002."
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-transfer/Arc00/msg00152.html

According to Ross, we can quickly move past the need to hear from registrants
because, "In the year that I have been working this issue, I have not seen
any dissonance with the goals of Registrars vis-a-vis Registrants."

What we are looking at is an attempt to railroad process, and to impose a
solution that these two parties have mutually pre-agreed upon.

There has been no respect for the consensus process within this TF since the
day that it was formed.  The views of potentially impacted parties have not
been solicited, registrants are not represented in the TF, and absolutely no
outreach has been conducted.  Discussion among list members has been at a
bare minimum, and Ross's portrayal of the September Inter-Registrar Transfers
Document as a product of consensus among the registrars is a contention
subject to dispute.

So that there be no ambiguity, I call on the Chair of this TF to clearly
state in writing for the benefit of her TF membership exactly what the
requirements are for consensus within the ICANN process, and to detail
exactly how her TF will proceed to honor such requirements.