Re: [ga] Abusing consensus in the Transfers TF

> False. As a Registrant, I provided feedback to the Registrars through Ross
> Radar over a period of time before this final paper was published, and in
> particular objected to the proposed clause relating to the Registrar's
> ability to conduct a bankruptcy search on the Registrant, that allows the
> Registrar to deny a transfer for this reason, notwithstanding that the
> Registrars have no clue how to conduct a bankruptcy search in every nation
> on the globe. Furthermore, not one single person in the community has ever
> stated any useful purpose for this clause. This is a matter of invasion of
> privacy that I doubt any Registrant would voluntarily agree, yet is being
> completely overlooked by the Registrars.
>
> Secondly, I made stringent efforts to be included on this task force as a
> Registrant representative, mindful to ensure the Registrant community was
> included in deliberations, but was thrown off (literally) by Marilyn Cade,
> who silenced my voice by denying my posting privileges. Some time later, a
> GA Representative was appointed, since when there has been no work done.
>
> These are the facts.

How quickly history becomes distorted.

The conversation that we had did indeed center on the registrars capability
to deny a transfer based on a registrant "pending bankruptcy". No such
conversation occurred concerning anything remotely related to a registrar
doing bankruptcy searches on anyone - in fact, no such power is granted to
Registrars in any contract related to ICANN that I'm aware of. Further,
these conversations occurred in the context of preparation of the best
practices document and not the TF. Each comment received on the RC Transfers
BP doc were taken into account and included where appropriate.

Second, I believe that your participation as a registrant representative was
not permitted simply because you do not represent registrants. Once a GA
representative was identified that was willing to represent the interests of
the GA, they were appointed without any delay whatsoever.

-rwr