[ga] Re: [ALSC-Forum] Restructuring proposal
On 20:37 23/03/02, DannyYounger@cs.com said:
>I have completed a restructuring proposal that has been forwarded to the
>members of the Evolution and Reform Committee. The document is posted at
>I look forward to reviewing the proposals that the rest of the community will
your proposition is of high interest. I will link it to the WECANN site I
plan as a common working tool toawards a consensual ICANN Internet
Let me however at this stage ask you two questions:
- a few categories seem to be missing here which actually have a say in
real life about the Internet. Quickly: content, telcos, registrants,
e-business, media, ASPs, financing, Govs, consumers, manufacturers,
cultures and religions, justice and policy, defense.
- don't you think your proposition which has a lot of merits is more a
proposition for a national community than for an international institution.
I think the first problem we face is to know where we address the
international problem: either at the top and we have 244 problems one shot.
Or at the bottom and we have 244 problems n shots, n being the number of
I also have a suggestion. As I said I think about the WECANN site. I would
like to set it up as a real working tool and I need help for that. I would
like to establish a link to every serious proposition like yours for the
people to compare.
- an executive summary would be great as an introduction
- a comparative grid would be great too : the propositions by the main
points. To do that I would need a list of the main issues we have to
address and the way the propositions address them.
- do you propose ICANN to stay:
- incorprated in California or where
- a non profit corporation or what
- a no member corporation or what
- do you propose the ICANN to stay a flat structure or structured as an
Obviously the wording is of the essence. My idea would be to establish a
mailing list for all the proposition writers so they may contribute to the
site and get their proposition best presented.
Your comments welcome.
This message was passed to you via the email@example.com list.
Send mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to unsubscribe
("unsubscribe ga" in the body of the message).
Archives at http://www.dnso.org/archives.html