[ga] Who wants "governance" without "representation?"

vint cerf wrote:

> Keep in mind that the intent of naming a
> director is NOT to "represent" a particular point of view but to serve
> all of ICANN and the Internet Community to the best of his/her ability.

I question whether that was, indeed, the intent behind the current structure.
Instead, I "understood" that  the reason for (s)electing directors from different
stakeholder groups or segments of the community was (as in most governance models)
to assure all interests a seat at the table.  As with "beauty," the best interests
of the community are in the eyes of the beholders.

begin:vcard
n:Weisberg;Eric
tel;cell:903.821.7602
tel;fax:903.465.2976