[ga] Re: Discussion Draft -- ICANN Reorganization

the proposal that stuart made would not put government employees
on the board but would offer governments an opportunity to choose
among a slate of candidates developed by a nominating committee.

The idea is to find the best candidates filling a variety of
criteria - geographic dispersion, board experience, Internet
awareness, fund raising ability, appreciation for the wide
range of interests and opinions among the Internet's constituents,
etc.

Looking at various funding possibilities including endowments
as adjunct or alternative.

vint