Re: [ga] Re: Discussion Draft -- ICANN Reorganization

On Sun, 17 Mar 2002, vint cerf wrote:
> the proposal that stuart made would not put government employees
> on the board but would offer governments an opportunity to choose
> among a slate of candidates developed by a nominating committee.

Vint --

	This is confusing.  Stuart's document indicates that under his
proposal *other* trustees (sec. I.A.1.b) would be generated by a
Board-selected nominating committee, but it says nothing about a
nominating committee for the government-selected trustees.  On the
contrary, Stuart's document says simply that these trustees should be
"nominated by governments (process to be determined)."  It amplifies that
this selection process "should be left to the governments, although it
could be imagined that these selections could be made either by regional
governmental organizations or, alternatively, by the ICANN Governmental
Advisory Committee."

	Does your statement reflect a newer version of the proposal?

Jon

Jonathan Weinberg
weinberg@msen.com