Re: [ga] Re: Discussion Draft -- ICANN Reorganization

> Peter,
>
> Thank you for your contribution to the discussion on ICANN's funding issues.
> I'm sure that you can appreciate that ICANN needs to be run as a business
> that is reasonably assured of a steady cash flow.  In order to return the
> organization to a state of normalcy, is there a funding formula would most
> likely be acceptable to the ccTLD community?

Many ccTLDs have funded ICANN very generously considering that they have no
contractural relationship with ICANN - they have been donations made as good
will.

However ICANN has effectively declared war on the ccTLDs by saying that depsite
us flatly rejecting without even discussing your proposed contracts we are
going to try and get your govts (by offering them board seats) to coerce you
all into signing non negiotable contracts which gives ICANN total power over
the ccTLD.

Now if that is what Lynn wishes to do well he can try.  But don't expect ccTLDs
to fund ICANN to try and do them over.  That is just plain stupid.

I am only speaking on my own behalf but let me say that with the ccTLD I belong
to, I will be voting not to pay ICANN a single cent more because of the Lynn
proposal.  You do not fund your enemy.  And let me say that in the past I have
been one of the biggest advocates locally for funding ICANN and working with
ICANN but the Lynn plan changes ICANN so fundamentally my stance has changed.

DPF