Re: [ga] Re: Discussion Draft -- ICANN Reorganization

Jamie,

you may well be right that this won't work - which is one reason we have
asked the GAC to respond with its own ideas. The going-in proposal was
that countries would have to reach consensus within regions as to a
candidate for that region. Keep in mind that the intent of naming a
director is NOT to "represent" a particular point of view but to serve
all of ICANN and the Internet Community to the best of his/her ability.

I do not, for example, believe that the at-large elected directors have
a different role or responsibility than those appointed by ASO or PSO.
Each director is responsible for all of the ICANN activities and has
fiduciary responsibility for all Internet's constituents.

Vint