Re: [ga] Some issues raised by today's FTC action

Peter and all assembly members,

Peter de Blanc wrote:

> I agree with the concerns about "ICANN approved" and "regulators" and
> "accredited domain name registrars"
>
> The credit card protest or charge back window is actually 6 months.
>
> Those are larger issues, apart from the specific .usa example.
>
> Does that mean that New.NET is not an "accredited domain name
> registrar," and subject to the same action?

  Good question.  But New.Net is not a registrar, it is a registry
that has is it's own Registrar as well.  A better question would
be "in that some ccTLD's that are not ICANN accredited registries
or registrars, could they be subject to the same action if a complaint
is filed?

> Peter de Blanc

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827