[ga] Re: Some issues raised by today's FTC action

Eric,

The FTC has taken action predicated on their belief that consumer fraud is
indicated if attempts are made to register domains that are not "readily
accessible".

Several ICANN accredited registrars continue to market internationalized
domain names and special symbol domain names which are not yet and may not be
fully functional on the Internet and cannot be used for Email Services or any
other DNS related activity.

I view such marketing efforts as fraudulent to the same degree as the FTC
views the .usa marketing efforts as fraudulent.  The only difference in my
mind is that the former is illegitimately "sanctified" by being a part of an
"experimental test-bed" operated by ICANN registries and registrars, while
the latter was sanctioned since it was operated by a non-ICANN-accredited
experimental registry.  Both produce the same results, profits for the
"producer community" while consumers are given a product of negligible value.