Re: [ga] FYI: Staff Draft towards Mission Statement

Marc, Karl and all assembly members,

Marc Schneiders wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Mar 2002, at 13:40 [=GMT-0800], Karl Auerbach wrote:
>
> > It was only a couple of weeks ago when ICANN's management brought to the
> > board a Memorandum of Understanding - not a contract but a MoU - that
> > retained nearly all the elements of the volunteer aspect of root server
> > operations.  ICANN's management strongly advocated and fought for this
> > loose and vague structure.

  Karl, This is interesting in that I had heard some substantiated rumors
to this effect.  It baffles the mind to think that managing the Legacy/USG
Root server's would be trusted to "Volunteers" exclusively.  (Shaking
my head in disbelief)  I can understand wanting a loose structure,
but not one that is so loose that it is vague to the point of being
like mud..

> Can we read this somewhere? I cannot find it on ICANN's website. Is it top
> secret? Guess not, or they would not have let you read it :-(

  Marc, like you, I would like very much to see this documented
on the ICANN website where it can be easily reference, not barried.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827