Re: [ga] WLS landrush / SnapBacks / q. B 18 a

The VGRS responses actually indicate that SnapNames will be given an
advantage over other after-market participants, with respect to any
existing after-market business.

Any special consideration WRT the existing after-market business
should be applied equally to all after-market participants and not
solely to SnapNames.

Wednesday, February 20, 2002, 3:16:26 AM, Thomas Roessler <roessler@does-not-exist.org> wrote:
TR> On 2002-02-19 22:06:33 -0800, George Kirikos wrote:

>>I'd have to add that their proposed procedure for the transition
>>period, i.e. the treatment of existing Snapbacks instead of having
>>a real landrush/Sunrise starting from scratch is a complete and
>>utter joke.

TR> I'd be curious to know if Verisign plans similar grandfathering
TR> mechanisms as the one described in the answer to questin B 18 a for
TR> other SnpNames-like services.  From the answer in the document
TR> distributed, the _only_ names which will be excluded from the WLS
TR> will, in the beginning, be the ones with SnapBack subscriptions.

TR> Chuck?

----
Don Brown - Dallas, Texas USA     Internet Concepts, Inc.
donbrown_l@inetconcepts.net         http://www.inetconcepts.net
PGP Key ID: 04C99A55              (972) 788-2364  Fax: (972) 788-5049
Providing Internet Solutions Worldwide - An eDataWeb Affiliate
----