Re: [ga] Fw: Discussion Paper: Redemption Grace Periods for Deleted Names

During the Redemption Grace Period, registrants could redeem their
registrations through registrars. Registrars would be able to redeem the
name in the registry for the original registrant by paying renewal fees,
PLUS A SERVICE CHARGE, to the registry operator. Any party requesting
redemption would be required to prove its identity as the original
registrant of the name.

"PLUS A SERVICE CHARGE, to the registry operator"

is one statement I would like explored, clarified, nailed down ...
Being that "the registry operator" is Verisign - call me paranoid - but
A SERVICE CHARGE could be $100 USD  and this whole document may be
yet another fox in a henhouse initiated by Verisign but this time presented
via ICANN to derive yet another lucrative revenue source

Genie Livingstone
Magi Inc
http://www.eyeondomain.com