Re: [ga] Re: Read-only e-mail access to the Names Council list

Secretariat and all assembly members,

DNSO Secretariat wrote:

> On 13 Feb, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote :
> > On 8 January Alexander Svensson reiterated his request to the Council for
> > read-only e-mail access to the Names Council list.  Mr. Sheppard advised that
> > he has already asked our new technical support at the DNSO secretariat to
> > look into the problem and noted that the tech support unit has been asked to
> > report back on the options/costs for a solution.
> >
> > I am not yet aware of such a report from the Secretariat.  Has it been
> > released or is it expected to soon be forthcoming?
> >

> Read-only e-mail access to the Names Council list is already done through
> a transparent access to archives.
> (sent mail to the list appears on the archives five minutes later).

  As has been pointed out on a number of occasions, and most recently
by Joanna Lane, not all sent mail is going the Council Archives, and therefore
is not received.  Hence it would seem that the actual transparency doesn't
exist.  Perhaps that is in part what Danny was getting at in his query.

> This access has been eased through a direct access from the homepage called 'mailing list'.

  What???  Please elaborate...

> Regards,
>
> DNSO Sec.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827