[ga] Re: [icann-announce] ICANN Appoints Security Committee Chair

  • To: ga@dnso.org
  • Subject: [ga] Re: [icann-announce] ICANN Appoints Security Committee Chair
  • From: Jefsey Morfin <jefsey@wanadoo.fr>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 01:28:42 +0100
  • Sender: owner-ga@dnso.org

On 00:22 12/02/02, icann-announce@icann.org said:
after a long search round the world ...

>ICANN today announced the
>appointment of Dr. Stephen Crocker as chair of its newly formed Standing
>Committee on Security and Stability.

I cannot comment about security, but stability in being opposed ...
certainly ....

>"I am delighted that someone of Dr. Crocker's stature and experience has
>accepted this challenging task," Lynn noted.

Means: "I am delighted not to be any more the one to be shouted at".

>"The committee will have a key role in working with ICANN constituencies
>to assess where the principal DNS security risks lie;

ICANN.

>and in advising the Board on priorities for further actions within the
>scope of ICANN's responsibilities."

Dissolution?

>The Committee membership is in the process of being completed. The
>membership is being widely drawn from across ICANN's diverse constituency
>organizations and includes outside experts.

Glad to hear that. Anyone has been informed lately about the selection
criteria? and about the audit of the selected Members....  I wonder they
found a budget. Did Dr. Crocker contribute?

All the best to you Dr. Crocker. Congratulation for your Chairmanship. I
hope you will not stay alone too long. I suppose Kent will be the ICANN
Staff interface with this Secuirty Committee?

Great! ... But now the ICANN has no one more to grow...

BTW would someone know which State Dr. Stephen Crocker comes from? I
suppose we should make sure to respecti the diversity of the geographical
origin of the Staff Members.