Re: [ga] FYI: NC Structure Taskforce: At Large Discussion Paper v3

Dear Alexander,
thank you for your copy of the TF review.

This draft seems to be the most short sighted document about ICANN I ever
read. It does not take into account any aspect of the naming space global
management, of the IP addressing concerns and of the protocol issues
related to the Internet Participant system architecture, issues of far
larger magnitude than the ICP-3 misunderstanding.

It does not even consider the issues related to stability and security
depending from the ICANN. How can it conceivably discuss the ICANN @large
structure without addressing the ccTLD/NICs issues, the international
consumer organization representation, the relations between @large and GAC,
the industries, content and developers representation, the balance at the
BoD, the relations with the DoC and the USG, etc. etc. and also NEVER use
the word which is the ICANN "raison d'être": IANA ....

I do feel that we should support it as much as possible as it will
certainly lead to the deepest confusion in the ICANN part of the Internet
governance. It does not actually take into account ANY other concern than
trying to extend the NC efficiency and working method to the whole ICANN.

As such it will be considered by a) a smart BoD at the same value as the
other past NC contributions b) by a dumb BoD as a master piece to approve
as the complement of the ALSC report to lead ICANN to inaction, BoD to
instability, Staff and VRSN to an anti-trust case and the IU/T to a final
take-over of the IANA functions at the GAC demand. This will be an
interesting test.

I can only applaud Joe Sims for his direct and indirect efforts in advising
the different parties. The NC and ALSC aggregated positions - if adopted -
will certainly insure JDRP a rewarding monthly bill . I only do regret that
Joe's lack of understanding of a distributed network culture and structure
makes him to waste so much his talents at a so huge cost for the world.

Jefsey