[ga] DOTUSA.COM Recovery Claims now being accepted

CHICAGO, January 29, 2002 /Business Wire/

John Palmer, President and CEO of AGN Domain Name Service (ADNS -
www.adns.net)
announced today that ADNS will give one free year of registrations to those
who
registered a domain ending in .USA with the website dotusa.com.

"ADNS wants to help out those who mistakenly registered domains with
dotusa.com.
We want to protect our trademark and our business product. Its not good that
so
many people lost money with dotusa.com", Palmer said.

ADNS has been operating the .USA registry since 1995, when it filed an
application
and claim for the .USA with IANA, the naming authority at the time.

Registrants who registered a domain with DOTUSA.COM can go to
www.adns.net
and click on
the "DOTUSA RECOVERY" link at the top of the page to bring up the claim
form. ADNS will
give one free year of registration for each .USA name that a person
registered with
dotusa.com prior to January 31, 2002, provided that the domain is not
already taken by
an ADNS customer.

"We have received so many desperate calls from people who want to know why
their
domains aren't listed in the .USA whois registry. I have to tell them that
they have
been had", Palmer said. "This is bad for our business and our trademark. We
must help
these people if we can".

ADNS has been the registry for the ".USA" top-level domain since late 1995
and has
registered the TLD as a trademark with the US Patent and Trademark Office.
Palmer
says that the only site on which people can register a ".USA" domain is the
ADNS
website (
http://www.adns.net). All of ADNS's top level domains (EARTH, USA,
Z and AMERICA)
are part of the Inclusive Namespace and are not under the control of ICANN.
These
TLDs cannot be viewed by all of the internet, but only those that use an
Inclusive
Namespace DNS Server such as the ORSC Servers. (
www.open-rsc.org). It is
estimated
that between 7 and 12 percent of the internet now sees the Inclusive
Namespace,
which contains several thousand TLDs.

Palmer's advice to internet users: "Don't fall for SPAM that arrives in your
Inbox.
You should always check things out before you spend money on the internet".
Palmer
added that ADNS does not advertise by way of unsolicited e-mail and does not
sell
its customer's data to marketers, and does not ever intend to do so. "If
users would
like to register a domain under .USA, the only place they can do so it
www.adns.net,
and the price is only $14.95 per year, not $59", said Palmer.

ADNS (
www.adns.net) owns and operates the top-level domains AMERICA, EARTH,
USA
and Z and is part of the Inclusive Namespace.

SOURCE: AGN Domain Name Service, Inc.

CONTACT: John Palmer,
jp@adns.net /  312-560-3934