Re: [ga] Reminder: Pulic comment on dot Org report

Bret and all assembly members or other interested parties,

  I also share in Bret's concern and/or confusion here.  I would
add that will not the At-Large, the DNSO GA, and the constituencies
have a opportunity to vote on this report or offer their own comments,
revisions or separate documents/reports for consideration BEFORE
a ICANN BoD and NC vote?

  We [INEGroup] would require some clarification and direct
answers to these questions...

Bret Fausett wrote:

> I'm confused about the announcement below and the current comment period. As
> most of you know, typically the public comment period takes place before the
> NC vote. After the NC vote but before the ICANN Board deliberation and vote,
> we also typically have another ICANN-wide (as opposed to SO-specific) public
> comment period. So this post-NC vote, DNSO-sponsored comment period is new.
>
> What exactly is the posture of the current .org report. Wasn't it adopted?
> What will the NC do with the comments received? Will the NC vote again? Will
> there still be another comment period before the Board vote, or is this the
> last opportunity?
>
> Many thanks for any clarifications,
>
>    Bret
>
> DNSO Secretariat wrote:
>
> > [To: ga@dnso.org; Council@dnso.org]
> > [liaison7c@dnso.org; announce@dnso.org]
> >
> > This is reminder that the .ORG Task Force report endorsed by the Names
> > Council is now open for public comment.
> > The public comment period closes on Friday 1 February.
> >
> > 1. The attached report of the .ORG Task Force on policy advice to the ICANN
> > Board of Directors has recently be endorsed by the Names Council of the
> > DNSO.
> > http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/council/Arc09/msg00031.html
> >
> > 2. Public comment on the report is invited for a period of 14 days starting
> > on 18th January ending on 1st February.
> > E-mail address for public comments comments-dotorg@dnso.org .
> > Posted comments will be forwarded to the ICANN BoD
> >
> > 3. Minority views are invited from DNSO Constituencies for a period of 14
> > days which will be forwarded to the ICANN BoD along with the report.
> >
> > Thank you for your cooperation,
> > DNSO Secretariat
> >

> > DNSO Secretariat
> >

> > --

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827