Re: [ga] Special treatment at NSI?

NSI doesn't always display the expiration date that exists at the
registry.  This happens many many times.

The expiration dates listed in whois are served from the Registrar's
systems, and unlike ethical registrars like OpenSRS and Dotster, for
example, who display the dates that the domains will expire at the
registry and use that as the domains registration dates, some
registrars, including NSI, use a different date for whatever reason,
even if the registry expiration date is different (Sometimes the
registry date is sooner and sometimes it is later).  I've also seen
domain years paid for to the Registrar and not added to the Registry,
since there was no pressing need to.  Presumably this is so the
registrar can benefit from the "float."

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>

"There is no better way to exercise the imagination than the study of
the law. No artist ever interpreted nature as freely as a lawyer
interprets the truth."
-- Jean Giradoux