Re: [ga] Straw Poll on Working Group

Hi Rick

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002 22:55:27 -0800 (PST), Rick H. Wesson wrote:

> I'd suggest to take a wait-and-see approach. VGRS will work with the
> registrars to get a proposal we all believe in. Once we have something to
> worry about then a working group would be beneficial, but now it seems
> that the WLS as proposed is a non-starter.

Thanks for your input.  Personally I think we can get much more done using the
mechanism of working groups.  At present we seem to be floundering around.

As Eric Dierker put it "a chat room rather than a board room".

The truth is that we are a group of independent thinkers and this creates much
divergence of opinion.  I think this is a good thing.  The problem is that not
too many choose to partipate in the debate.

So it makes it very, very hard to reach consensus on anything.

> Once there is a proposal on the table for the DNSO as a whole to evaluate
> then a working group/taskforce/et al would be appropriate.

Nevertheless, it seems to me that the issue of expirations, deletions and
transfers is one that arches above the WLS proposal.

And I am not at all sure that we should be driven by VeriSign's agenda.

Best regards
Patrick Corliss