[ga] Any Preference for GA or NC Workgroups ?

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002 00:46:59 +1300, David Farrar wrote:

> No but in terms of what influence they will have it is a factor.  If
> the NC agrees to a WG then the consensus opinion of that WG will have
> a certain amount of sway with the NC.

Agreed.  But will they?

Only if there is some consensus on the GA list first.  That is what we were
trying to achieve with our straw poll.

However, there is not a lot of difference in legitimacy between a working
group set up by the GA itself and one set up by the NC on behalf of the GA
membership.

Especially since the NC set up the sublists in the first place !!

Regards
Patrick Corliss