Re: [ga] NOTICE/GA-WG-Delete/RFC - Attn. DNSO Secretariat and NC

Patrick and all assembly members,

Patrick Corliss wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 20:19:31 -0800, Jeff Williams wrote:
>
> > Eric and all assembly members,
> >
> >   Has the NC been notified of what you are trying to start up here
> > Eric?  Philip, please advise.  Have you made a request to the NC
> > and the DNSO Secretariat Eric?  Secretariat, Please advise...
>
> As you know, Eric has no authority to make any requests of the NC or DNSO
> Secretariat.

  No authority to make a REQUEST!!!???  Your kidding surely!  Any
GA member can make a request.  No authority needed that I am aware of.
If you can document one, please do so.

> > If not Eric, I cannot support this effort as being one that is
> > in the best interest or supported by the DNSO GA members...
>
> Eric's proposal might or might not be in the best interests of GA members but
> without "support" from the GA it effectively has no legs.

  That's right.  It has no arms either.  It's just second base!  >;)

> It is certainly not in the "best interests" of the GA for any of us, however
> well-intentioned, to make decisions on behalf of the GA as a body.  The only
> possible exception is that a properly elected Chair may draw upon what he or
> she feels is reasonable consensus.

  COnsensus must be measured before it is known.  That requires a vote.
Your Poll for requesting a WG and it's associated ML, is just such
a consensus tool.  It seem though now, you are backpedaling on that
poll.  Or do I have this wrong???

> Best regards
> Patrick Corliss

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827