Re: WG for Delete was: Re: [ga] Poll for Verisign WLS proposal

A few things here you may help with.

Where are the rules requiring your proper and appropriate requests.

I can read the best practices and GA rules but I find no rules for the
GA setting up an internal working group.

What is the logical problem with using an already existing list.

I find no suggestions even that indicate asking the Secretariat is
appropriate.

WXW absolutely does not want anything on any other forum within the GA.

Patrick insists we use the lists that are pre-established and call them a sub-list.

You insist on the nearly impossible - getting the secretariat and NC to act, and
formal voting, and a gratuitous list for a WG.  (you might as well ask code writers
to show up to work in tuxedos)

I do not see one of you having as a primary agenda, putting together a group
that can correlate existing comments, provide relevant questions and come up
with consensual and dissenting positions.

We know VRSN will be back and unilaterally act.  Please drop your old agendas for a
little bit and back a compromise on using an existing sublist which will cease to
function
as a sublist, feel free to cc the main list (although it will count toward your
five).  Do not think
of this as moving any discussion but more of a clearing house for Ideas.  By
definition this will
be an informal consensus.  The necessity of votes is up to participants.

Like I said before we don't need no stinking badges.  If we produce the best product
that
is license enough.  Fancy Pants WGs have been completely ignored before, the ALSC is
completely sanctioned and they came up with absolute crapp.