[ga] Subscribing to [icann-announce]

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 10:43:10 -0800, Jeff Williams wrote:

>   The survey to which you are referencing Patrick is skewed towards
> the constituencies, and there is no place indicated in the check box
> for DNSO GA members.  Therefore input from GA members
> doesn't seem to be desired.  As such any result from this
> survey is inaccurate at best.

Agreed.  I don't intend to complete the survey.  However, I usually repost
[icann-announce] for those who don't get it themselves.  Nobody seems to mind
me doing that.

In fact, I would like the DNSO Secretariat to subscribe the GA mailing list to
[icann-announce] so we will get the ICANN announcements without subscribing
individually.

The problem was that Elisabeth Porteneuve refused to consider the idea on the
grounds that you are not "allowed" to subscribe one mailing list to another
(even if it is read only).  I wonder what internet law incorporates this
prohibition, anybody know?

So would anyone have any serious objections to what is, after all, merely an
administrative convenience?

Best regards
Patrick Corliss