Re: [ga] WLS

I seem to speak in riddles or foerign tongue (I know my typing is bad).

It is not the selling of an option, this is the selling of thin air.

options : the right to buy or sell the stock (=entity) at given price at
agreed moment in time

beartrading (see options almost identical again the rights to buy/selll are
sold it contains rights to an existing entity)

conditional contracts (insurance is such a contract according to law-terms)
same, IF the conditions is fullfilled a tangible entity is transferred

the point is: a deleted domain is no tangible entity

if i demolish the house (let's be radicale, we blow it up, pulverise it!) I
can sell the land, the insurance claim, a building right, the remaining trees
(if any) I can even sell "a" house to replace the old one (full filling an
earlire obligation perhaps) but I can and may not sell the house that was
blown up, main simple reason is the fact that is no longer exists

a deleted domain is deleted, that's it, end of the line, gone, no more, done
with, out of existence.
That is the meaning of deletion and that is the terms of the contracts with
ICANN, resale has not been mentioned, letting it live forever has nt been
mentioned; they are to delete the domain -eof-

so henceforth the interest in a new registration is what we are discussing.

and we are discussing the actions of the registry, not of any registrar with
aspirations. just the registry, since they propose the wls.

which company the registry runs is of a lesser importance, though it of
course is another clash of interests, though they will deny such.

If on the other hand we want to XFER the domain, THEN it is an entity,
however an entity with rights on it, and we can not exclude the current
"owner"

abel

--
Abel Wisman