RE: Re[2]: [ga] Re: VeriSign Proposal a Done Deal??

At 09:58 9/01/02, Gomes, Chuck wrote:
>Joop,
>
>How would you answer the question I asked?  For a re-registration of a
>released name, is the permission of the previous registrant needed?

Chuck,

That answer was already given:
Yes, under some circumstances, especially when the registry has been put on
notice of TM rights, it would be strongly advisable for a registrar or TLD
registry to seek that permission.

Now how about answering the implied questions of my original point:
Would you not like to see a feature incorporated in Verisign's registration
database, that would read:
DN Holder Permission for placing the Domain on a waiting list obtained? (Y/N)

DN Holder Permission for re-registration to third party obtained (Y/N) ?

If I were a new Registrant of a another's deleted Name, I would certainly
appreciate such information.

Do you not think registrars should compete with such registrant-friendly
features that would enhance the secure holding of the Name?

Finally, (but you don't have to answer this one) do you not think that the
shareholders in your company would applaud an active attempt by VRSN to do
something about its image?

--Joop