Re: [ga] RE: Archives of VeriSign's Domain Policy Mailing List

Tuesday, Tuesday, January 08, 2002, 12:46:14 PM, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

> Patrick,

> We made it very clear that the decision made with regard to the Domain
> Policy List was made for legal reasons.  You may disagree with our
> counsel but we pay them to protect us so we listen to them when they
> speak.  If that is FUD, so be it.  I call that sound business practice.

Ah, but no, Verisign never made that clear.  As a matter of fact,
Verisign REPEATEDLY denied, to both us and to the press, that legal
issues had anything to do with the closure of that list, and insisted
it was a coincidence.

Thanks for the admission that Verisign was lying about that then,
Chuck.

But then we know that Verisign has lied about so many things to us in
the past, but to at least have it on record is nice.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>