RE: Re[2]: [ga] Re: VeriSign Proposal a Done Deal??

Hello,

--- "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@verisign.com> wrote:
> On a different note, let me try an analogy.  Is it okay for a
> landlord
> to have a waiting list for a house in case the current rentors do not
> renew their lease?

Are you suggesting that Verisign is the LANDLORD for dot-com? Yes or no
would be nice.

Landlords have ownership, and simply rent out names. As far as I am
aware (please correct me if I am mistaken), Verisign registry is simply
the property manager on behalf of the true owners (be it ICANN, the US
Government, internet society at large, who really knows, etc.),
managing the registration database. Having been the property managers
for so long, Verisign might feel that they can do what they want....but
some day the absentee landlords might wake up and decide to replace the
property managers, or at a minimum remind them that they have a
property manager's contract and code of behaviour.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/