[ga] Archives of VeriSign's Domain Policy Mailing List

On Sun, 6 Jan 2002 21:27:12 -0500, Chuck Gomes wrote:

> Finally, please show me the FUD.

Hi Chuck

There's so much of it, I really don't know where to start :-)

How about Tom Newell's notification of the closure of NetSol's Domain Policy
List?  As suggested by him I referred the matter to Brian O'Shaughnessy, of
VeriSign's Corporate Communications Department.  The result?  Absolutely
no response (see below).  A total absence of corporate communication !!

Perhaps not "FUD" (by definition) but still pretty misinformational.

So let me ask you whether we can restore the archives.  We could, I'm sure,
exclude the offending posts which caused the list to be closed down in the
first place.

I have 5,000 postings stored as follows:

DOMAIN-POLICY@LISTS.INTERNIC.NET    19 May 2000 to 10 Aug 2000

DOMAIN-POLICY@LISTS.NETSOL.COM     12 Aug 2000 to 25 May 2001

I know a person who has postings going back to 1999.  I'm sure others have
more comprehensive archives (not to mention VeriSign's own records).

Best Regards
Patrick Corliss

Subject: List deactivation