[ga] RE: [icann-delete] Proposal: Registry Re-circulation System

Personally I can't see any reason for Registrars or the Registry to be
benefiting from the consumer market value for renewed/deleted domains.

To me, all expired domains should automatically be deleted and the
hostnames become available for registration in the normal manner.  With
automatic renewal procedures available, consumers would only loose a
domain through their own negligence.

With regard to the hammering, the simple solution is to not make the
expiration date publicly available and to delete the names at random
times.

Seems simple to me.  All the rest of it is just people trying to make
more profit.  Registrars and Registries get paid a fee for the service
they provide, they should not be trying to inflate those fees by
climbing into the consumer market for deleted domains.  Rather steps
should be taken to ensure all parties have an equal chance of obtaining
the domain names, including the do it yourself mom and pop individuals.
At the same price as any other domain name that may not already be
registered.

If consumers are that keen to obtain a specific domain name, let them
contact the domain holder and negotiate a price.  Whether the domain be
about to expire or not.

My two cents worth.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.