Re: [ga] Re: VeriSign Proposal a Done Deal??

> The suggestion of a $1-$2 price reminds me of those who claimed that a
> registry could be run for 50 cents a name. Knowing first hand what it
> costs to run a registry and do so in a quality way, I was always curious
> about what service would be provided by such a registry.  In this
> particular case, we couldn't even come close to licensing the technology
> for such an amount, let alone integrate it into our systems.

Fine, make this service $6/domain/year, same as a registration.  Surely
there is less involved with running this system then an actual registry,
handling new registrations, zone changes, registry->registry transfers, etc,
right?

$1-$2? Unrealistic.  Anything more then $6?  A cash grab.

--
The nice thing about standards, there is enough for everyone to have their own.