Re: [ga] Re: VeriSign Proposal a Done Deal??

Actually, what is happening is that Verisign is
effectively trying to sell a domain name TWICE.  First,
there's the original registration and now this proposal
(if effected) will amount to the RESALE of any given
already registered domain name with absolutely NO
guarantees whatsoever that the second registrant will ever
get anything for their money.  Isn't this akin to a
LOTTERY?  If you're lucky you will "win" the registration,
if not you will lose your $40... in both cases there's
really only one true beneficiary: VERISIGN!  Forgive me
for saying so, but this so called "proposal" is a load of
horseshit!  It's another lottery schema in disguise.

William X Walsh wrote:

> Saturday, Saturday, January 05, 2002, 11:43:26 AM, Gomes, Chuck wrote:
>
> > Since 1996, there have been potential domain name holders who have
> > requested some sort of wait list service in case domain names are
> > released into the available pool.  The service at the registrar level
> > was a response to this demand.  Putting the service at the registry
> > level improves the value of the service for potential registrants.
>
> And kills a rapidly growing, and profitable, industry while giving
> your company a monopoly (you're a stockholder too, so I can say "your
> company"  :)
>
> --
> Best regards,
> William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>