Re: [ga] Re: [ALSC-Forum] Re: [GTLD Registries List] What is the accreditation status of registrars that made fake applications?

Eric Dierker wrote:

> Would you be so kind as to direct me to the RFC that is relevant to the ISPs
> fiduciary responsibility to the user.  All I have found are general placation's
> to the effect.

I don't know that there is, or should be, an RFC covering that. Those are
largely questions of contract law and of competition between ISPs to provide
the best service and attract more users, hence outside the scope of technical
standards.

Some RFCs are relevant, though.

RFC 2142 covers email addresses any organisation should have, like abuse@
ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2142.txt

There are several BCPs on Security Practices for ISPs
ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/bcp/bcp46.txt
ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/bcp/bcp38.txt

There may be others that don't occur to me offhand.