Re: [ga] Re: [ALSC-Forum] Re: [GTLD Registries List] What is the accreditatio...

In a message dated 12/31/2001 6:01:50 PM Central Standard Time, byoung651@attbi.com writes:

I don't disagree.  However, the law as it currently exists recognizes the right of trademark holders over domain names whether we agree or not.  I'm just arguing to limit that right to a few domains.

First of all, you cannot apply the law half-assed to where you want it like limiting it to a few domains and not all!  Fortunately or unfortunately, laws come in one-size only.

Second of all, it is not the trademark law, but how  the legal system  is being abused by WIPO and ICANN for the benefit of a few.   The Courts do recognize the rights of common law and first usage under the trademark laws.