Re: [ga] Question for Chair Candidates

> I wish that were true.  As Alt Chair I spent considerable effort in trying to
> introduce an automatic stop through the mailing list software.  As this was
> seemingly beyond the capacity of the DNSO Secretariat, many complaints were
> submitted about excess posting.  The result was that the List Monitors spent
> too much time counting posts.
> Personally, I am convinced that the rule is impractical to enforce manually.
> In other words the software should be programmed to simply reject any excess
> posting.  The limit itself can be varied as the circumstances dictate.

Hi Patrick,
very fine to discover that you expect machine to become more trustable than human. From my personnal knowledge, I don't know any config parameters that enables to limit posting for one person for a day (day being a hard notion on an international list). If you have technical solutions or time to seek one on the Web, we would be very grateful. I have tried and not found one.
Furthermore, for people exceeding the posting limit by one, I don't think matter are too dramatic. For people flooding the list with emails, I don't think a mechanical rule will stop then, considering that even then they can use multiple mail adresses or unknown identities (do you really who is behind each mail adress on the ga ?).

DSNO Sec Webmaster.